Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Strawberries Coming Out of Our Ears



When we moved into this house this month (yes we moved! More on that later . . .) we got a pleasant surprise to see the multitude of strawberry plants growing in the back yard. The strawberries have been growing ripe like crazy and we've been getting some good pickings.


We got a cute book from the library last week for Olivia entitled Molly and the Strawberry Day . In the book, the main character's Dad comments that they have so many strawberries, soon they'll be coming out of their ears. Here's to strawberries coming out of our ears!

Olivia likes to help me pick strawberries. Here's her picks:





Can't wait to make some yummy strawberry freezer jam!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

oh wow, those looks amazing... well not so much the green ones, but you get the picture. I have been trying to get strawberries to start growing and they have been doing pretty good :)

Debbie Lawrence said...

You moved!?! Where!?! Well, since I am moving to Idaho at the end of July we should probably get together... :)

Stacie said...

Mmmm...sounds yummy! How fun!

You guys have moved more times in your few years of marriage than I can count! Can't wait to hear about it.

Cindy said...

How fun! I love that she picked the green ones. I love strawberries! That's what we'll have to plant next year if they do that well! It was fun to see you last week, thanks for making it out to Scott's birthday! Can't wait to see pictures of your new home!

Erika said...

Ella wants to move into your house...she can't get enough strawberries! And you moved?!? I'll be checking back for an update on that one...

Amy said...

You moved? I can't wait to hear about your new house!

Saralyn said...

I'm jealous! I had to buy frozen ones to make freezer jam. I'm excited that you guys are all moved in. I can't wait to see pictures.