Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve

Mike's mother usually hosts Christmas Eve, but since she and my father-in-law are serving a mission in Chile right now, I had the wonderful opportunity of hosting Christmas Eve at our home. I had so much fun trying to come up with festive settings for three tables, to accommodate twenty four, with tablecloths and centerpieces. We ate gourmet chicken and rice, green salad, fruit salad, eggnog, pumpkin-gingerbread trifle, and two traditional Nally-family Christmas Eve foods, a box of Jelly Belly jelly beans and seafood dip with Rye bread.

After dinner we did the traditional Benson family activities that I love. The children reenacted the Nativity scene, and then we all gathered around to express our feelings about the Saviour and his gospel. It was such a nice night!
Narrator Mike:
A might be biased, but I'm pretty sure Olivia made the cutest little wise man I've ever seen:
Pictures of the whole crew. I think these pictures are just priceless! Seriously, could these kids be any cuter??

3 comments:

Debbie Lawrence said...

Even though hosting a big event is sometimes daunting, I think it would be a lot of fun! It looks like you did a great job...I wish I could have eaten that meal too! :)

Erika said...

WOW, sounds like you had a full house Christmas Eve. That pumpkin-gingerbread trifle sounds SO good. Happy you had a good holiday.

Saralyn said...

I wish we could have been there for that. I think they're pretty cute, too. :) Thanks again for letting us stay there. Sorry we didn't get to play/talk more.