skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Observations & Thoughts on Having a Newborn the Second Time Around
- I forget just how many diapers a newborn dirties in one day. JT has a $30 a month diaper habit, and I buy the generic brand.
- Why did I think it was hard when Olivia was a newborn. In hindsight, now that I'm caring for a newborn and a toddler together, having just a newborn to cuddle and hold all day sounds like vacation!
- Getting seven hours of sleep in two hour increments is not the same as getting one full uninterrupted seven hour block.
- It makes a mother's heart swell to see that her two-year-old is not as jealous as she feared: that even at her young age she has the capacity to love and welcome the little guy who just turned her world upside down.
- I remember my mother once mentioning how happy it makes her to see her children showing kindness and thoughtfulness for one another. I now get it. It makes me happy when I see Olivia hugging JT or, as she does often, calling out happily, "Hey, there Bud!" whenever she enters the room and sees him.
4 comments:
I had a really hard time when I had Kendal. 75% of that was due to those two hour increments of sleep! (the other 25% was the perpetually messy home and feeling like I was drowning trying to get everything done!). But it gets so much better...and it is definitely worth it! I am glad Olivia is handling this nicely. :)
I don't think I have given you my congratulations yet! But I'm so happy all went well (though we didn't get "the story") and that the whole family seems to be adjusting nicely. JT is so handsome, and it's so good to hear he is growing well. Good luck with the "newborn fog" for the next couple months...you are definitely right about the 7 hours of sleep thing.... Anyway, great to hear from you!
Hahaha! Olivia's little "Hey, there Bud!" is hilarious! She is such a character. I'm definitely taking notes of your observations on motherhood. I'm sure when the time comes for us to have two I'll be in need of loads of advice.
This was so interesting to read! I can only imagine how just cuddling with one baby now would be such a breeze! I hear ya on the newborn diaper budget... it's insane! And I definitely look forward to watching Broox experience another little one. Olivia is such a darling big sis and J.T. is so handsome! What an adorable family of four!
Post a Comment