My big project last month was transforming Olivia's bedroom from a nursery to a "big kid room." Not that I had done much to decorate it when it was officially a nursery. After being in this home for almost a year, I decided it was finally time to finish painting, so that this house feels more like our home. The first project has been Olivia's room. After four coats (yes 4 coats) of paint and one very late night for me, Mike installed some
beautiful crown moulding, the crib came down, pictures finally went up, and the "big kid bed" from
IKEA was assembled.
Here is Olivia back in October in her very first night in her toddler/twin bed.

The first week in her new bed went beautifully. I thought the transition was going to be cake! Well, week two Olivia discovered her new found freedom and began testing the limits by getting out of her bed again, and again, and again. She spent a few nights sleeping on the floor of her room (her choice not ours!), but I think (hopefully) the worst is behind us, and Olivia is officially "adjusted" to her new bed.
Also, Olivia finally, at 22 months old, reached the 20 lb. mark. Sad, I know! We try to fatten her up, we really do! So, she is now in a forward facing car seat, and both she and I are enjoying her more comfortable position in the car.
Here are some pictures of Olivia's bedroom:

No comments:
Post a Comment