Thursday, April 12, 2007

College Kids and Dog-Days

Last night my brother Tim arrived from Boston. He is attending the University of Utah and will be staying with Mike and me for a few months until he finds an apartment. I love having family close by, since the rest of my family is either on the other side of the country or world (New Zealand). Tonight Tim's girlfriend Kate, who goes to BYU, came down for the night to watch a movie. We started the movie at about 9:30pm on a Thursday night! It's funny, because back in our BYU days, living in the Colony, neither Mike or I would find it unusual to start a movie that late on a week night. It wasn't something that we'd do all the time, but it definetley wasn't unusual. Now we are old and settled in our routine and don't really "throw caution to the wind" by engaging in such crazy behavior like watching movies on week nights.
Anyway, it's fun to have them around to keep us young and to throw a little fun into our routine.

Olivia has had a slight fever the last two days, and as a consequence sha has been very clingy. She just wants to be held all day. This is hard at times, but it's also nice to have some good cuddle time with my Woogie-boo bear!
Olivia is completely obsessed with animals, or "Doggies," as she calls anything that moves and is furry. She has a decent collection of stuffed animals, and let me tell you, these guys are her little clicque. She loves to watch her baby Eistein DVD with all her little friends sitting next to her, and frequently I'll catch her saying in a high-piched voice, "Hi!," followed by much giggling, to all furry pals. In the morning when I go to get her from her crib, she can't leave her bed without hugging one of her animals and taking them downstairs to breakfast with her. She makes me laugh!
Last week when we went on a walk, we happned across several "doggies" in the neighborhood, and Olivia was in hog-heaven(or should I say dog-heaven). Now several times a day she points out the glass doors in our dining room, and says "Doggies . . . roof, roof."
Tomorrow I'll have to catch a picture of Olivia chillen with her "dogs," but for now, here is a picture of her trying on her new hat:

Edited to add: Blogger won't let me load pictures! I'll have to try again later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cait,
Thanks for the "blogging". I have so enjoyed keeping up with you through your writing. And the pictures of course. What a great way to preserve your life. I was never consistent in keeping a journal. Your family will be lucky to be able to see your life. I love you!!!!

Mom

Melissa E Photography said...

Hey Cait!

Parker is doing the same thing with animals right now. He carries around a stuffed duck and quacks all day long. Isn't it funny how they get stuck on one thing? And starting a movie at 9:30? Way to run with scissors girl! HAHA!